- Date Posted
March 9, 2022
- More Information
If you are looking for an exciting career doing meaningful work supporting people when they need it most, please read on! Join a growing team that has strong bonds with law enforcement, fire and emergency medical response, and other first responders. RACOM (https://www.racom.net) was established in 1972. We design, sell, install, monitor, and maintain the technologies used in the second half of the emergency response equation, from the time an emergency dispatcher answers a 911 call, to the time police, fire, and ambulances arrive on scene.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. You will be designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and our customers’ needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, design, configure, and install Cisco network devices and services to include routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, encrypted tunnels, remote access and management, VPNs, QoS, VoIP, etc.).
- Implement network security and monitoring tools for both the corporate network and customer networks.
- Analyze and evaluate networks to identify issues and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently.
- Provide support and troubleshooting of both corporate and customer networks.
- Perform network maintenance and systems upgrades to ensure network devices are secure and up to date.
- Monitor network performance and ensure system security, availability, and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Advise leadership regarding network utilization and changes needed to maintain network security, availability, and scalability.
- Work as part of a team to create and advise on administrative controls and procedures to maintain network and information security.
- Keep up to date with changes, trends, and best practices in networking and network security to ensure the organization’s awareness, approval, and successful implementation of changes necessary to maintain industry standards.
- Work with vendors and other IT staff (both internal and external) to find resolutions for problems.
- Assist with device life-cycle management of network devices for both customer and corporate networks.
- Position may be worked remotely or from one of our satellite offices throughout central Iowa (Ankeny, Hiawatha, Pella, Waterloo, or Dubuque) with occasional requirements for overnight travel (less than 5%).
- Proven experience with a strong desire to learn and lead.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification or equivalent experience required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) training and certification will be required within 12 months.
- Three (3)+ years networking specific experience.
- Understanding of networking protocols to include encryption, routing, and switching protocols in both local and wide-area networks (LAN/WAN).
- Understanding of OSI and TCP/IP models and how they are used.
- Experience configuring firewalls to secure and connect networks; creating virtual private networks between geographically separated endpoints to connect corporate networks to customer networks securely.
- Experience configuring routers and switches.
- Experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in networking, cybersecurity, or IT related field.
- CCNP or higher-level certification.
- Five (5)+ years networking specific experience working with enterprise level networks.
- Preferred that the candidate live within 70 miles of Marshalltown, Iowa.