- Date Posted
August 9, 2021
- More Information
We have a current opening for a full-time, experienced Electronic Service Technician to primarily install and service E911 telephone systems. The employee we are looking for must be dedicated, with excellent troubleshooting & diagnostic skills to deliver top rated service to our customers.
Service area includes all of Iowa, but mostly focused on the central and eastern part of the state, with future growth targeted for western Iowa. This can be a work-out-of-home role, provided the candidate has reliable internet service and can demonstrate a high level of responsiveness and productivity. Regular on-site travel to customer locations is also required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Diagnose and repair electronic equipment/systems
- Respond promptly to customer needs in a positive, supportive and timely manner.
- Communicate job progress to supervisor & customer.
- Work with 3rd party vendors on collaborative projects
- Complete service orders and required paperwork
- On-Call customer support- remotely or on-site.
What We Can Offer You:
- Clean, professional work environment servicing public safety providers
- Essential Worker status, working from home when appropriate
- Competitive salary with growth potential
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- Company vehicle, once on-call duties commence
- Ongoing technical training
- Advancement opportunities
- Company-provided uniforms, specialized tools, and safety equipment
- Safe, clean & friendly work environment
- AA in Electronics preferred or several years of comparable technical experience
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Experience installing and troubleshooting SIP trunking system
- Experience installing and troubleshooting 911 and PBX systems
- Positive attitude and desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain safe and clean and professional work environment
- Basic computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office products and software diagnostic tools such as PuTTY or Wireshark preferred
- Computer Networking experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver license with a safe driving record
- Candidate must pass a criminal history background check annually per customer requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Some travel maybe required including overnight stays and out of town assignments and/or training
- Ability to work extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs