- Date Posted
December 29, 2021
- More Information
The Project Manager manages key client projects in the Public safety two-way radio field. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Give weekly updates to engineering/management on status of projects.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
May require a bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a department. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Visio, Project, Teams, Sharepoint and PowerPoint)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
Project Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
Additional skills & proficiencies that would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of Two-way Radio systems.
- Knowledge of Modern P25 radio architecture.
- Knowledge of computer network LAN architecture.
- Knowledge of civils processes including construction, electrical, permitting and land purchase.